Visa Information for Attendees traveling to the United States


If you do not have a valid B-1/B-2 visa stamp on your passport, you will need to apply for a visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to you. Securing a visa can be a lengthy process, so please plan accordingly. Instructions for applying for a B-1 Business Visitor Visa can be found on the State Department’s website here:, with further details found here:


PBS will be able to provide a Letter of Invitation to attendees. We cannot guarantee that it will procure a visa, but it may be of assistance. If you are in need of a letter of invitation, write to us at and we will work with you on the letter.


If your home country participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) with the United States, you need to carry your passport, but do not need to secure a visa for entrance to the United States. If you’re not sure if you qualify, consult the web page here: to confirm.

To travel under the VWP, you will need to register with the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before your departure. Directions can be found at: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recommends travelers print out the ESTA application response to serve as receipt of their ESTA registration when you are checking in with your airline.

Thank you to our

Sponsors and Exhibitors 





The Mayflower Renaissance
Washington, DC Hotel
1127 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20036 USA